Your guide to deciding on a commercial roof replacement or restoration
Your WA business is going well in the field of logistics, with many companies putting faith in you to deliver and store valuable items on their behalf. You purchased your warehouse ten years ago, when it was already around twenty years old.
You have decided to invest in your infrastructure while things are good, and people are trusting you. It’s time to look after them and take out your own form of insurance. You will enhance your warehouse by checking out the options of commercial roofing in Perth.
The first thing you need to decide is whether you go for a full replacement or a restoration. Here are some key points that you need to consider before making your choice.
Commercial roof replacement
- It will save you money in the long run, as leaks and damage to the inside of your building can lead to a loss of contracts and customers. Your energy will become more efficient and save further money on utility bills as the new roofing materials can offer greater insulation or offer the use of solar panels.
- A new roof sends out signals that you are a business that cares about its customers and is in good health, as word spreads of your ongoing works.
- The safety of those working in your building is enhanced with a new roof, as there is less chance of loose tiles or pieces of old roof falling, which would cause a lot of money if anyone was unfortunate enough to suffer an injury.
- Your building will become more resistant to adverse weather conditions, thus adding to its value.
Commercial roof restoration
Many of the above apply, only without the guarantee of the longevity of a new roof. Here are the other benefits.
- It is less expensive if you decide upon a restoration.
- It can be a good option if you are possibly thinking of moving soon.
- It is more environmentally friendly, as there is no need to dispose of the old roof to a landfill site.
- It is quicker to carry out than installing a new roof and will cause less disruption to your business, as work can carry on as normal during the works with proper planning.
Whichever option you choose, talk to the experts who will offer you sound advice on saving money and looking after the interests of your customers when carrying out roofing works for your business.